Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lounge Covers Finished.



I know there is a proper name for these items, but I can't remember what it is. But what ever they are called................. finally finished.

Taken a long time to make as I had a lot to learn as I went along. Last night and for a while today I finished them off by stippling the boarders.



Talk about spoilt cats you say??? No fear, talk about a smart mum, if you ask me. The cat quilt on the seat is removed and the person sitting has less fur on their clothes. The quilt on the head rest is for when the cats lay there and if (so far nothing has happened) there is the odd fur ball. Easier to wash the quilts than the material on the lounge chairs.

Very proud of the whole project as I picked out 4 of the 6 inch blocks I found on this site. I measured up the size I wanted the end of the quilt to be and went from there. No eyelash stitching on the back with my stippling.

Can't ask for any better in my books.

Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

NannyMoo's said...

Looks great Leanne, you are getting real good with your quilting, no stopping you now...

I think they are called antimacassars, not sure of the spelling is right though.

Cheers

Roseanne

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks NannyMoo. When I saw your stippling when visiting you, I fell in love with it straight away.

clare's craftroom said...

You are really so clever , love it all .

Meredith said...

Yes they were called antimacassars, as they were designed to protect the lounge from macassar oil, used as men's hair tonic!