Sunday, October 11, 2009

Place Mats



Finally the 4 place mats are all finished.......yay.........been a long time coming for something so simple.

I used the place mats as a practice in stippling, binding and quilting.

I'll get the girls to have a look at my stippling on Tuesday, as its not as good as what it could be.

Binding is getting heaps better, hardly a stitch showing where I sewed by hand. This has pleased me to no end. Very happy in how that side of sewing is coming along.

I feel so much better with this item moved from the UFO list on the right to the completed list just below. Only 3 blocks left in those little covers for the head rests on our lounge suite. Then I can put them together.

This week I feel I have achieved so much.....even given my blog a face lift.

Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,


4 comments:

clare's craftroom said...

What a great job with those placemats they look lovely and useful too !

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Clare:)

Gloria said...

Nice placemats & your hexies are lovely too. Nice work!

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you Gloria. I love the whole fruit look of them. Enjoying the hexies heaps.