Friday, October 23, 2009

Best Of Friends Update



Bit of an update with my 1st block of Breast of Friends.

Firstly I will be using a light weight iron on interfacing when I do my next block. I have whisper weft on the back of this block and I am not sure I like the end result, it is giving me. I used the light weight interfacing on those little bags and the embroidery is much nicer.

I have a couple of questions to ask and I so hope you'll comment and give me your valued opinion.

  • How do you handle the fraying of the last boarder of the block?? I am thinking I should have used the whisper weft over the whole block and not just the seed homespun. Would this have stabilized the fraying???
  • Should I add an extra boarder, basting it on to stop anymore fraying of that end boarder??
  • Or just put a new boarder on, when this block is finished???
What do you do when making a block like I am??? How can I improve this area???


Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: