Thursday, September 24, 2009

Table Runner Swap

Without giving too much away, in case my swapper reads my blog.

The table runner I was making for a swap is finished. I'm happy with the colours and size. Table runner was a "spring theme" and so I used lots of spring colours.

We're given 2 months to make the swap and this would have to be the swap that took the longest. I usually have the completed swap sitting in my sewing room for a few weeks, but not this time. I even think when I'm not looking at the table runner........if I had another month, I'd make another one. Second one would have to be better than the first one surely???

Having only been sewing for 9 months I love joining in with these swaps as I get a chance to learn new forms of sewing.

I found the corners to be the hardest part of the whole swap. I couldn't get them "right", but if you don't look too hard... they don't stand out.

Taking the runner on sewing day next week to show the girls. Then I'll post it on the way home.

So hope my swapper isn't disappointed in my first table runner.

Your only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

4 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

I am sure that your swapper will love the runner. I always think that if anyone has taken the time to make something for me I appreciate the time, thought and effort put into it.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks for that Karen. I think we tend to judge our own work harshly at times.

clare's craftroom said...

Your swapee will be very lucky to receive your special table runner , looking forward to seeing it .

Lucky-1 said...

I think so too Clare. Decided not to be too hard on myself..... at least until the 1st anniversary..lol