Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stitch Here & There

The last week and a half Pat & I have been enjoying his dad's company while he is visiting us. Pa came over for Amy & Ben's engagement party. So I am not getting a lot of sewing done.

Getting lots of home cooked biscuits and boiled fruit cakes cooked...also showing Pa some of the sights of our beautiful city.

Yesterday we all went into the city by train. I talked them into letting me go to Spotlight and Lincraft by myself while they went and bought Pa some new shoes.

It was nice looking at fabrics and other goodies on my own. Getting lost in my thoughts as I looked and touched fabrics. One of the few times I have been able to do this as Pat goes everywhere with me.

Very happy with my little stash and I have ideas on what I am doing with it already. I also bought a metre of striped material for the monthly fat 1/8, though I am so tempted to keep it all and buy some more next fortnight. Going to think about this. Sure is stunning striped material. Also I bought some romantic material for the fat 1/4 swap on the craft forum as well.





The gerber and daisy material I bought at Lincraft and the middle 2 from Spotlight.

Last months fat1/4 swap on the forum as a ocean theme and I asked Dawn who was my swap partner for dolphins is possible.


Look at the most beautiful material I was given and a 1/2 metre too.

I want to make something for my step mum who is dolphin mad. Thinking a cushion would be nice. She's a beautiful lady who loves and cares for my dad.

Been doing a little bit of hand sewing on a new learning project. But that is another post for another day.


Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Some nice finds there. I bet you enjoyed being able to go and browse alone. Not quite the same when you have someone else standing close by.

Lucky-1 said...

I did enjoy the time on my own Karen. Always conscious of Pat with me and the fact I go each fortnight (sometimes more often)and I think he must get bored at times. Mind you he does pick out some lovely fabrics when I need to mix and match:)