Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My First Quilt Block



Some people might think this is a little weird, but I am so proud of this block. Why you might ask?

Because its the first block for my very first quilt I am going to make. mrgreen To me this is just about the coolest thing since the last cold day we had here.

It's call, "Field of Dreams" (can't see Kevin Costner anywhere) from the Dear Jane quilt. Going with earthy tones for the colour way. Do you call it a colour way like I did with knitting..... new words are being learnt now I am sewing.

Picked a doosy didn't I for a first quilt?

The good news is, I have help. See I joined a craft group and the other ladies are making the quilt as well. So I am in good hands if I run into any problem.

Once a week I go and spend some hours with a group of talented and so amazingly friendly ladies I could meet. It's just mind blowing those hours......


Your only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , ,



2 comments:

susanm said...

Wow your very first quilt and a Dear Jane, you are brave.

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

If that is the quilt I think it is then you have surely picked a doosy. Once it is finished you will have learnt a lot of new techniques. Will be great once it is all done.