Friday, August 21, 2009

Folder For Blocks

Last night I blanket stitched the applique on the green fabric. By the time I was finished it was 11 pm and I crawled into bed.

Today I finished off the cardboard project.





Outside of the folder. I used 640 iron pellon on the back of the green fabric to give it some padding.





The cardboard will be used to support the insides of the folder. With the use of a glue gun, padding was glued to the cardboard. This was to help me keep the wadding in place when I put it all together later on.





After both pieces of fabric were sown and turned the right side out, looking like a large pillow case. The first piece of padded card board was slipped in and material pinned in place near the spine area.




The area was then stitched, forming a spine for the folder. The last piece of padded card board was added, the end was hand stitched to finish it off.

What am I going to use this for?




Its for when I am traveling to keep the blocks I am working on, safe and sound. I did forget to add a slip of material on the inside near the spine of the folder. But I didn't forget the handles. I know what one I am glad I didn't forget. lol



All finished and ready for use.


I saw these last Tuesday at our craft day and thought what a good idea. I have made mine from memory and to the size I wanted mine to be.

The house (from a cushion pattern) I enlarged when I photocopied it. Chooks shrunk to the size I wanted and they came from a chook quilt pattern.

Your only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,


5 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

is jusst so lovely, Lucky. I really like the fabrics that you used. :-)

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you Sandy. I'm a real green coloured girl.

Karen's Korner said...

What a great idea and I love the country look that you have used for the applique

Tozz said...

Oh wow.....how clever are you!! It looks really great and will be most useful for sure. :) hugs Vicki

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Karen, when I saw these appliques I thought, yes !!!!!!


Thanks Vicki, love practical useful items and even better when I have made them.:)