Saturday, August 22, 2009

Apron Swap.

Over on the Craft Forum I decided to try my luck in the apron swap. It was a down the line swap and I was to make one for Petunia and Purple Wick was to make me one.

This was a big step for me as I haven't ever made any kind of clothing by sewing machine or hand sewing. Let alone have it being sent to someone I haven't met.

Petunia was very kind to send me a true and tried pattern of her's and I felt confident enough to tackle this swap.



This is what I made her. The pockets were lined as well as the apron itself. I hand stitched hearts onto the pockets and added some lace at the tops. I also machine sewed little hearts around the neck line and on the straps.

I sent a collection of heart buttons for Petunia to put the neck strap where she felt comfortable with it.





Purple Wick blew me away with the apron she made me. It's green paisley.




With machine embroidery on the front pocket.



Also around the hem.

The apron is lined with green floral material.

I'm going to take it with me on craft day to show the girls. Gosh its almost too lovely to use in the kitchen. lol

Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: ,


2 comments:

Margarita said...

Very nice Leanne, I can see you becoming someone famous designing your own stuff.

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Ooh nice, I love paisley, it looks like quite a lot of work and love has gone into that apron