Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Showing Cushion Swap

Today is opening day for the cushion swap I was involved in over on the craft forum.

There is something exciting about being involved in a swap as I get great enjoyment at swaping and seeing how other people put together their idea.



My cushion was in a recent "Home Made" magazine. I did swap the positions on the flowers around as I wanted the colours to be more balanced. My swapper was Ann.





Ann made me the 2 smaller green cushions and they suit the bedroom so well. Mind you the blue pillow cases behind them don't fit lol in the colour scheme. I made the cushion inserts myself.





I loved the cushion I made for Ann so much, that I am making one fore myself in different colours. At the moment I am sitting in the evenings embroidering a blanket stitch around the applique.

When its all finished, it'll be used in the lounge room.

Your only limited by your imagination.


7 comments:

Tozz said...

They look really really good and your one you did is exceptional :) Soon you will be entering some shows with your things :)

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Tozz:D I am so proud of the cushion I made.

Home of Creative Treasures said...

What a lovely swap and both of you have done a beautiful job.

Also the work in progress with your new cushion cover is lovely.

Bet the four legged family think that the cushions are just perfect for them as well. ;)

Lucky-1 said...

Oh they sure do....LOL just so comfy to lean against or rest their heads on.

All the cushions in the swap are just so lovely:D

Karen's Korner said...

Lovely cushions. I can see why you have become addicted.

Renny's little things said...

Holy dooly Lucky that is amazing. You have done a fantastic job. You should be so proud of how far your sewing has come in such a short time. Can't wait to get you as a partner in a bid swap!!! Can't wait for my Hexi to arrive. How exciting. YOu'll be in all the mags soon!!!

XXX Geniene

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you Geniene:D I am really proud of this cushion. I hope you'll enjoy any future swaps we are paired up in:D