Thursday, July 30, 2009

6 Inch Blocks

Yesterday I got myself organized in the afternoon and spent 2 hours cutting out material.













I find the kitchen table is the easiest place to cut fabric out. Our cats love to lay along the back of the lounge chairs and being fabric, I think it'll be easier to clean a couple of covers.



Figured blocks made into like a mini quilted runner would be good practice for me.



I have picked 4 styles in 6 inch blocks.






Ones I have made already. Finding a hour or 2 in cutting makes it easier then, as I can have a sewing afternoon getting a good rhythm going in sewing.
Your only limited by your imagination.

1 comment:

Karen's Korner said...

Those blocks are coming together well. The colours work well together and I am looking forward to seeing the completed item. I agree best to cut and then sew.