Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tidy Tin

Not sure how you keep and store your ricrac, but mine goes into a tin. I roll it up to try and keep it tidy in the tin.




Some of the ricrac I have rolled up and looking tidy. This doesn't always stay this way and so I am forever having to tidy it all.

So I came up with the following idea and all you need is those pieces of cardboard that are inside those fat quarters you buy, a couple of small rubber bands.

Cut the cardboard in half and you then have 2 pieces of cardboard.


Roll your ricrac around each piece of cardboard and place a rubber band at each end to keep it tidy and secure.

Then the cards can be kept in order by colour or size of the ricrac. You can also use this idea with your cuttings of lace and ribbon.

This also helps to reduce wastage and recycles.

Your only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Tozz said...

Not only are you becoming a great sewer but also very clever with your hints. Send it in to one of the magazines and you might win a prize with your hint. Its a good hint!!

Rest is not idleness said...

Good idea Lucky, after all when you get it from Spotlight etc that is how they have it. Makes sense really and as you say much tidier.
Pip

Lucky-1 said...

I will do that Tozz:)

You know Pip with a tidy tin, I can buy more as I'll have room in the tin.....LOL