Friday, May 8, 2009

Friendship Bag

I was visiting the Salvation Army thrift shop around the corner the other day and came across 2 old (top condition) Handmade magazines.

Inside a Dec 2004 magazine Vol 21 No7

I came across a lovely bag with a difference.

The friendship bag is more like a folder than a bag. Great for storing all sorts of goodies inside.

I haven't quite finished the bag, but I just wanted to show you what I have completed so far.



First time I have ever done prairie points. The squares are 4.5 inches in size and where I had that in scrap material , I used that up.

Pencil was placed on top to give you a visual of the size of the bag.



All that is left to do is sew up the sides by hand using an embroidery stitch and decorate the top with ricrac and anything else I want.

I think these would make great stocking fillers with bath goodies inside or a little girl who loves dolls and has lots of clothes for her little friend. Ideas are limitless.


Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , ,


1 comment:

zigzago said...

Realy nice this friendship bag! Love the fabrics and colors you used!
(If your interested ti try your luck at my give away they are only 3 days left)
Hugs, Renata.