Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chook Oven Mitts

Oven mitts are finally finished...yay. razz Patrick wanted me to make a pair of oven mitts that fit his hands. Both mitts had been sitting in my UFO draw waiting to be sewn together.

I couldn't resist making the mitts with some of my chook material.






All ready for use.



I have made quite a few of these mitts now. Each time I have improved the look and sewing of them.

In the photo you can see how I have finished off the mitt with binding, having learnt how this is done. Where as the floral finishing off wasn't as tidy.

I still need to make another set, so there is a spare pair when one set is in the wash.


Next pair I am hoping to make them a bit more snazzy looking.


Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: ,

3 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

That fabric was just made for oven mitts. It is nice to be able to "improve" on a design where needed after the proto-type.

Tozz said...

They look great and the chooks are fabulous. I am glad they are turning out like you want them to.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Girls:) They look great in my kitchen.