Saturday, May 9, 2009

Birthday Gift

I've been making another friendship bag last night and this afternoon. Just about stopped for today.

Its my sister's birthday this Wednesday and I thought I'd make her a bag for storing some of her goodies in.

We were going to catch up with her this week, but due to them painting a room in their home we can't go. The paint fumes will not do Pat's asthma any good. So Deb will have to wait a short while before she gets her present.

I can show her present to you, as their computer is in sick bay for a few weeks.






Deb loves red and floral material, so I have combined both together. I chose a red floral material for the inside lining.






On the outside a mixture of floral materials with complementary tone on tone colours. To make Deb's different to mine, I have sewn lace around the boarder instead of ricrac. Finishing off with a red & white flower with a red/pink button with a flower inside the glass on the button.

All I need to do now is embroider the sides together and sew on that purple love heart button.

Now I can spend some time thinking about the cushion swap I have signed up for and also the monthly embroidery block I joined for the year.

Always something happening in the sewing room. lol

Your only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

3 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

What a great idea. I love the red fabric that you have chosen. I am sure Debs will love it.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Karen. That red material is just so suited for Deb:D

clare's craftroom said...

You are doing so many great things , i love those fabrics .