Friday, April 24, 2009

Of Cushions & Quilts

Yesterday I managed to cut out the templates and material for the cushion ruffles in the afternoon.

After tea, I was able in a 3 hour block, to stitch together the front of my first "proper" cushion. I'm stoked with the result of it so far. mrgreen

Check it out.





Next is to add the pellon and quilt what I want. Thinking of doing a ditch stitch in the cream tone on tone. This should help the stars to stand out more so.

Ruffle will be the same yellow floral material and the backing with be a light yellow home spun colour.

Finished off the cats "girlie" quilt and so happy with how it has come up. This one is sitting on the lounge.



We had friends staying for a few days and they loved the quilts. So I am going to make 2 quilts for their little mini puppy.


I even learnt how to do the binding and found it to be a relaxing little job in front on the TV in the evening. I couldn't work the binding out when I made the first cat quilt and so I just sewed it around in one trip with the sewing machine. Very happy that I had another crack at learning binding, as it is a tidier finish.




Back of their quilt is pretty small yellow flowers.

Have you seen my "Mother's day" give away? The winner will be drawn this Monday, so it's 3 sleeps. If you want to go in the draw there is still time.


Your only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,


6 comments:

Home of Creative Treasures said...

Gosh you are steaming ahead with your sewing. The cushion is going to be lovely; it already is! :D

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Sue, I can see me becoming addictive to cushions.

miss~nance said...

Very nice work Leanne.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Gail:D

Karen's Korner said...

There is no stopping you! The cushion is coming along nicely and the cat quilt is lovely. Well done.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Karen.