Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Piecing Blocks

This afternoon I have been trimming and piecing blocks together. I have completed 3 blocks so far and thought I'd show you how good or bad I am doing.





This is the first block I did. Not quite perfect, but you show me someone who on their first piece got it just right. Actually...don't show me..... my back hurts too much from leaning over the table to have someone show me up.






By the third block I am getting the centre points better and closer to having the tips touching.

There are 4 more of these to be made and I am hoping as each one is made, I improve. Time will tell.

What I have learnt from this is....... if I don't sew this good and the toilet rolls fall into the loo...... I'm going to be peed off.......LOL

Also if you haven't done it yet.....my give away is coming to an end soon. Got to be in it to win it.


Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: ,

8 comments:

Margarita said...

Pretty good Lucky, I like the colours. Hope you don't get pee'd off

Home Made By Sallyanne said...

Practice makes perfect Lucky.
I don't know how many times I have unpicked some of my quilt. We'll both get there eventually.

Looks good to me though.

Lucky-1 said...

Oh I won't get pee'd off Margarita:D

Thanks Sally..... Practice will make it perfect for sure.

Linda said...

Lovely colours. The points look fine to me!

Linda said...

Love the colours Lucky and the colours are great.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Linda.

miss~nance said...

Leanne - I am really impressed with how you have embraced sewing. These blocks are looking fabulous. The more you do points the easier they get - but looking really good.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks so much Gail:D