Thursday, February 19, 2009

Butterfly Bag


In Australian Country Threads Vol 8 No 10 I was taken with this bag. Today I started to get the materials ready for this project. But with a difference.

In an earlier posting I told you about the gift for a lady, who gave me a pile of pure wool yarn for nothing.




I spent what seemed like a short time (turned out to be ages) picking out matching material for the top part of the bag. I have no idea where the day has gone and the washing machine is still washing the first load for the day. Whole day seemed to stop once the material draws were opened.

Once the materials were picked to go with the 3 I bought special for this bag. It was time to measure and cut everything out.






I don't usually plug a product but I am going to here.

When I first started to collect my sewing tools in December 08, I bought the "Sullivan's" rotary cutter on the right. Having never seen or used one before I was thinking I needed to learn how to cut with it. Seemed to spend a lot of time cutting and running the blade over the material I wanted to cut.

When my sister called in for a couple of hours back earlier in the year, SewDeb said to me about my rotary cutter. After using it Deb said she preferred her's and thought mine wasn't as good. Deb was worried about saying something in case I didn't find her cutter as good as what she said it was.

Deb didn't have to worry, as I haven't looked back since buying the rotary cutter on the left. Yes it's dearer than the "Sullivan's" but its worth every cent.



I think I'd still be cutting this material if I didn't use the KAI 5045 cutter.

All cut out and ready to be put together. Don't think I have forgotten any material.

Now I'll just take each sentence as it comes. Not stress out and panic. This is going to be my most challenging sewing project yet.

The butterfly material is replacing the embroidery part of the original pattern.

I'm really excited about doing the bag for this lady. She's a real butterfly nut and I am sure this bag will be well received into her collection.

Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

barb's creations said...

I am sure your friend will love the bag you're making for her.Isn't it nice when we can pay back someones kindness with something you've made specially for that person :) Barb.

Debs said...

Lucky I am sure the lady will be delighted with the bag. Glad you like your new rotary cutter so much :)

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls:D