Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Butterfly Bag Finished.

Boy oh boy, I am stoked, tired, proud, chuffed, thrilled, tired, excited...did I mention tired?

The butterfly bag is finished and all it needs is a press-stud and it's ready to go to its new owner.




Took a bit to work out the bottom and then it clicked..a box bottom. I gave SewDeb a call and read the instructions to her and I was right.

On the afternoon Deb & I had some sewing time together in Jan, Deb had quickly shown me what and how to do one of those.

Very pleased with my first box bottom.

Now for the unveiling............


Drum roll..........brbrbrrrbbbrrrr







All finished and I am just pleased as punch on how the whole bag has turned out. The lady who I made the bag for is a butterfly freak. Her house if full of butterfly this and butterfly that. Didn't see any bags when I was last at her place and so I am hoping this is a first for her.

The patch work material was picked to go with the brightly coloured butterfly's. Yellow for the sun, blue for the sky and flowers for their nectar. The gray matches the lining and the stripes for a rainbow. Pink to match the flowers and pink butterfly's.




Used the butterfly and lining material for the handles.

This was the most annoying part as I had the handles sew on wrong and when I turned the bag in or is that out, the right way......my handles were inside the guts of the bag.

So I unpicked that part of the sewing outside in good light.

Rang Deb (again) and she explained to me, how to do the handles. The instructions for this part wasn't clear enough for me. More so because I am only new at this craft. I am thinking that people who write these projects, maybe think people who make them, know all the tricks.



Inside lining.... a beautiful soft gray with dots.

So there you have it, my butterfly bag.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement on my journey with this bag.

Special thanks to Deb, who listened as I read instructions over the phone and in turn, explaining me how to do it. You can now rest knowing the phone won't be ringing as often.......for a while at least.

Your only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags:

11 comments:

Tozz said...

Your bag is really lovely Lucky and you should be very pleased with it :) Well done!!

barb's creations said...

Lucky,
I've been waiting to see how your butterfly bag turned out and all I can say is one little word that says it all *WOW*....Barb.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Tozz. I am thrilled with how it has turned out.

Thank you Barb :D

Rest is not idleness said...

Good on you Lucky, the bag has turned out really well. You should make another soon so you can reinforce the lessons you've learned with the first one.
you go girl
take care
Pip

Margarita said...

Knew you could do it Lucky, once something clicks you are right. Lovely bag!!!

Sally's This 'n' That said...

very nice Lucky

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Pip. I am planning on making another bag (for myself).

Thanks Margarita and Sally for your kind words.

Karen's Korner said...

The bag turned out really well. I know what you mean about the handles!!! First time I did a bag the handles were beyond me. Nothing like playing and fiddling to get it "just right" to learn a lesson that you will never forget.

Lucky-1 said...

Hi Karen..... those handles sure had me hanging for a while yesterday as I tried to work it out:D

Debs said...

Glad I was able to help Lucky. Your bag is ab fab and you should be proud of it.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Debs :D