Sunday, March 1, 2009

Amy's Potholders

Today I actually managed to make Amy's chilli oven mitts. Last night I cut out all the material needed for them and pinned them ready for sewing.

I'm getting pretty good at these. The first one I made is so tight, its not safe to use. As I make more I am getting so much better at them. These ones Pat can put his hand inside, said a smidgen bigger he'd be able to use them himself.





Love this Chilli print and its a great theme for the oven mitts. Went with a light green spotty material for the lining. Must remember to buy some more material for lining items. Spotty material seems to be a good lining look.





All done and dusted, ready for Amy to collect next time we see each other.

I am getting rather hooked on this sewing "thingy" and I can't see it slowing down any time soon.


Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: ,

4 comments:

miss~nance said...

Now they are what I would call "hot" oven mitts.

barb's creations said...

Lucky,
I can't see you slowing down any time soon either and thank goodness for that.You go girl!! Barb.

Joely Whiting said...

love the potholders, that chilli fabric is perfect!

Lucky-1 said...

LOL miss~nance, those chillies seemed to really fit the theme.

Thanks Barb, my mind is already ticking over on a new project:D

Hello Joely, hope to see more of you here and thanks for the kind words.