Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sewing Doll Stuff.

Today I have bonding with my 12 year old niece Heather and 8 year old niece Emily.

We've been making and sewing something both girls wanted. While they are quiet and doing "their own things" thought I'd show what we made to you.

So lets take a look.






Emily wanted a rectangle cushion/quilt for her barbie dolls. As I missed this opportunity with Amy, I was so pleased to be able to do this with Emily.

How cool is it to be 8 years old and to have open pick ( well almost) on the material and then to pick a couple of fabrics and think how pretty they look together?

Emily picked her fabric, designed her pillow and left me to sew on the applique squares. After she slowly sewed up 3 sized of the material Emily put some stuffing into it & I sewed the last bit up.

The front has a button Emily picked from my collection.




The back Emily wanted to be opposite. One very happy girl there.




Heather wanted a cup-cake pot holder as her mum burnt a hole in her's back home in Sydney. If we don't get time to make the second one made before they go back this coming Wednesday. I'll make sure it heads back to Sydney when Pa goes home.

Heather did her own quilting and learnt to pin, cut and put together an item for sewing.

Auntie Lucky is so pleased to report, there were no tears, sewn fingers or severed limbs in today's bonding.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

5 comments:

miss~nance said...

What a lovely aunt you are. Very nice work.

clare said...

Hi Lucky thanks for visiting and entering my giveaway , good luck .
Clares Craftroom

Debs said...

Very lucky nieces to have an Aunt like you.

Libby said...

Think the sewing bug has got you lol!

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls, we had a ball.