Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oven Mitt

I learnt something with my potholders, I need more than batting between the material for them to not burn one's hand. Okay for some items, but really hot dishes from the oven, mine weren't very good.

Needed some insulbright to make the potholder safer to use. I have some now. Thanks to the ladies over on Craft Magazines Online letting me know what I needed. Also steering me in the right direction on the internet for a glove mitt pattern.



This afternoon I actually found time to cut out all the material needed to make my first glove mitt. Going to practice using my walking foot, before I sew the oven mitt up.

Pat wanted me to make one of these and I must say, I do like them better for removing a hot bread pan from the bread maker. Hot chilli is the print I went with and a green inner lining.

Very excited about sewing this up tomorrow.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

No comments: