Thursday, January 1, 2009

One Oven Mitt Finished



One small oven mitt for me, 1 giant step for quilting. mrgreen

All done...what do you think???

Bit on the tight side. More so across the knuckle area and the thumb. Now this being a first timer making a mitt, I have put down to inexperience.

I was thinking maybe the mitt sizing is for a smaller hand. There was no sizing on the pattern. Maybe with the next one, I could increase the size an inch for bigger hands??

Pat can't fit his hand in the mitt, but compared to mine....his hands are huge.

Anyway happy with my mitt, small in areas, it is.

All in the pursuit of learning.

Until next time....hoo roo

Oh and Happy New Year to you all. mrgreen

Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

creativetreasures said...

I think it looks great! :D

I have found that most things I make is a learning piece with the first one and the follow up one is much better! Even the Journal Cover that you commented on, I know next time it will be fined tuned and a much better cover; it is half the fun or should that be frustration... LOL

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Sue, I'll make another one and I am sure it'll be better than the first:D