Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Pin Cushion.


Well there she is..... all finished and in use. I am very proud that my effort is something a bit more than sewing a couple of sides together and stuffing an old pillow in it and plonking a cat on it.
mrgreen

Now I have a rotary cutter, I'll be able to cut straighter and a ruler is next on my list....of wants.

The pin cushion will take pride of place in my craft room, as soon as Amy moves out.

Today I washed and ironed the linen I bought yesterday and its ready to be made into cushion covers. I'll practice a bit more by making some pillow cases, as we need some of those. So glad of the old spare sheet.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: ,

5 comments:

Tozz said...

It looks great Lucky :) and Christmas is coming up very fast so maybe you should request a ruler from Santa :)

Lucky-1 said...

Sounds like a plan Tozz:) Thanks for the kind words about my pin cushion. Sure made it easier last night, just popping pins into the cushion and not the pin circle they came on.

susanm said...

That is so cute just love it. This is a great moment, and having the pincushion will always remind you of your start into a wonderful world of sewing.

susanm said...

This is so fantastic to see an new launch into the sewing world and love the pincushion.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks so much Susan for all your positive words.... very encouraging to hear from other sowers.