Thursday, December 4, 2008

Look What I Found

I'm a bit like Father Christmas at the moment. I'm making a list and I'm checking it twice.

Went looking to see what I had around the house, that could be put under the label of "sewing stash" and look what I found.

I'm stoked. mrgreen




Most of this ribbon is years old, from when I mum was alive. Some is mine, but not a lot of it. The scissors are mine. I bought these back before I had the kids and they have only ever cut yarn. I have another pair of scissors for my Knitting Box.




Found these item in my sewing box. Buttons I have collected over the years from clothes wearing out.



This sewing basket was given to me by my mum back in the mid 70's. I have a new one on hold as this sewing basket is so special. My mum died back in 1994 and I don't want to wear it out.

The front cane work is gone, due to a cat years ago being locked in the wardrobe and not being happy about it.

So I do have a bit to kick start my new interest and each fortnight I'll add to it.

I'm a sleep closer to picking up my sewing machine. mrgreen

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

Mitzi Zohar said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with lots of stitches on her machine and no clue how to use them! I really should explore the capabilities of my machine. When does yours coe?

Lucky-1 said...

I guess the best way to show you what mine does is to give you a link.

http://www.productreview.com.au/showitem.php?item_id=39371

I pick it up within the next 2 weeks:D