Friday, December 12, 2008

Finished Cushion

Even though I was awake and out of bed at 5 am this morning....I'm still on a high after making my first cushion cover for the lounge room. Just finished it and taken some photos of the end result.

I used Vliesofix for the first time today and this is such a great idea. Then I practiced some blanket stitch and once I was happy with how I was going...onto the real deal.




Just love this chook material and I so need and want to make an apron for myself out of it.




All done and on the lounge. I made my own pattern up and just took my time as each step was completed.




I used an over lapping back, so I can remove and wash when needed. I have visions of me & the cats running for this pillow, when the TV is turned on.

The second cover will have lace involved in the design, stay tuned.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: ,

4 comments:

Libby said...

It is a wonderful feeling when you finish something especially when it turns out as good if not better than you had hoped!

Sally's This 'n' That said...

looking good there.

Rest is not idleness said...

Hi Lucky
you have been busy, makes me feel guilty, I have only been playing with my new machine, familiarising myself with all it's bits and pieces. I want a few uninterrupted days before I start my project.
We've had 20mm of rain overnight, more would be good.
take care, keep sewing.
Pip

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls for all the positive feedback.:D

Pip, glad you had some great rainfall.