Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cushion Number 3

Firstly I hope you all had a lovely Christmas with not too many dramas. Pat & I had a busy Christmas day as the kids and other family members came for 1 or 2 meals. It was a great day, though a tad on the warm side.

Today I managed to get back into the sewing, now that things have quietened down some.

Managed to finish off the 3rd cushion cover and this one was a bit more involved. I had to learn how to measure for blocks.

For a first timer and not seen one being made..... I'm rather impressed with how it turned out.




This is the center block. Not sure what happened to the bottom tip of the heart.




The back off the block. When I did this part I hadn't heard of a 1/4 inch seam straight stitch foot. I now have one and wish I had it from the start. Sure made things easier.



Finished cushion cover.

Little on the low side and a pucker on the bottom left, due to not having a 1/4 inch seam straight stitch foot. When I was stuffing the cushion into the cover....... that area gave way. eek So I just ran the machine over that bit to fix it.

I need to practice the measuring side of this sewing bug I caught.

But like I said...... not having seen this being done in front of me...... I'm happy with my first effort.

Until next time....hoo roo

No comments: