Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The big day has arrived and I was woken to the sound of rain on the house roof. If all it took to rain was for me to buy a sewing machine, I would have done this ages ago.

Down at the Janome shop at 9 am and I was shown how to use it. I can contact her for problems and she'll help me out as I want to develop my sewing.



Never thought I'd be sitting in front of a machine and my machine at that. I found an old single bed sheet, that was James'.

Nothing like cutting up a bed sheet that is about 15 years old. Going to practice by turning the sheet into some pillow cases.

I've been fiddling and playing with my machine and I was very excited to hear the whirl of the motor for the first time.

Then I ran into a problem.




The sewing was coming undone in the material when I pulled on the thread. I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. Couldn't be the machine as it knew what it was doing...had to be me. Even Pat had a look and was kind in his words.....

Went over onto the craft forum and I was gently told a few tips like...walk away.....read the book. That one I liked.....Doh! Why didn't I think of that? eek How does that old saying go????

"When in doubt.... read your book"





Funny how that book can solve a simple problem..... I forgot to put the foot down before sewing.redface

Now that you have cleaned up your coffee that you spilt while choking over my first boo-boo.... I'll let you go and think.....what my next post will hold. mrgreen

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

4 comments:

clare said...

Congratulations on your lovely new machine .
Clare's Craftroom

miss~nance said...

Way to go Lucky. ANd we all had teething troubles with our machine - often related to not reading the manual first. Have lots of fun - I am sure that won't be hard at all.

I'll be back to see what you get up to with that new friend of yours......

Libby said...

Excellent!! We have all made silly mistakes like that, mine is usually putting the bobbin in the wrong way round!!lol!!!

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls, all very exciting and not enough hours in day now....