Monday, December 1, 2008

Sew What's New?

My first posting on another eek blog. My fourth blog....... boy I had better not get anymore hobbies. lol

I was wondering if I should mix my new interest in with my knitting and I thought, no.....I'll keep them separate.

So here we are.......

I have wanted for a long time to take up sewing. But I haven't been game enough. Well I have now decided to stop sitting on the fence and to jump with both feet and see where I land.

After looking in different shops and asking lots of questions I have decided to go with a Janome.



I'm picking it up hopefully next week, if not the week after.

What am I hoping to do with this machine? Sew of course. T-shirts, craft items and house hold items and when the grandchildren come along.... children clothes as well.

I even joined a sewing forum today and I'm waiting for an activation email. Then I can start to ask questions and learn.

I have a crafty mind, I've been knitting since I was about 10 years old, I do cross stitch and just taken up beading. I'd love to be able to blend my knitting with the sewing side down the track.

So there you have it...... another person has taken up the sewing machine and just about to embark on a new journey.

I'd love any feed back on hints, ideas and encouragement.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

4 comments:

Susan Borgas said...

Good grief, another blog!

A big hint for you.... enjoy what you are doing and don't expect too much in the beginning. The main thing is to have fun while you are learning.

Oh and welcome to the stitching side of life...tehe

Lucky-1 said...

Hi sis, thanks for the comment and yes another blog....... I am feeling like the blog queen..lol

Yes I am going to play and have fun and learn and NOT stress.....:D

miss~nance said...

Welcome to the world of Janome and sewing of course. Nice to have you in our craft forum as well.

Gail

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you Gail:D